Disability Services

We believe education should be accessible to everyone. If you have temporary health issues or a permanent disability, we have services to help meet your needs.

The Western International University® (West) Disability Services Office provides services to students with temporary health issues or permanent disabilities. Explore the links below to find additional information about disability accommodations, eligibility requirements, and how to apply for accommodations through the Disability Services Office. We're here to assist you in a timely manner, regardless of location or modality of your course of study.

After you complete the application process, a disability services advisor will work with you to determine eligibility and identify what types of accommodations are available. Once you work with the disability services advisor to complete a Student Accommodation Agreement, faculty members will be notified of any accommodations that they need to implement. We will not disclose health issues or specific diagnoses. It's your choice whether to disclose your health information to faculty members or classmates.

Individuals who require assistance during an emergency situation must self-disclose this need to a disability services advisor. The disability services advisor, in conjunction with the campus security authority, should develop a personal emergency plan for the student, including specific notification and evacuation procedures which would be utilized in the event of an emergency, regardless of whether the student intends to apply for or receives classroom accommodations.

Accommodations for Students

Accommodations and Eligibility

Frequently Asked Questions

Student Disability Handbook – Login to your my.west.edu account and select the Resources tab, ADA Policy link under Other Resources.

Applying for Accommodations

Disability Services Advisors

Leslie Wynkoop
(602) 943-2311 x4291031

Keith Walters
(602) 943-2311 x4291106