Western International University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, http://hlcommission.org. Since 1984, Western International University has been continually accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and its predecessor. Western International University obtained its most recent 10-year Reaffirmation of Accreditation in 2012-13. A comprehensive evaluation is scheduled for 2016-17, and the next Reaffirmation of Accreditation is scheduled for 2022-23.
Western International University is authorized to offer educational programs in most U.S. states, either through licensure, registration, general or specific approvals, consent or exemption including:
- Alabama Commission for Higher Education (ACHE) Certificate of Approval
- Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education (ADPE) Licensure
- Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
- Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board certification does not constitute an endorsement of any institution, course or degree program. Such certification merely indicates that certain minimum standards have been met under the rules and regulations of institutional certification as defined in Arkansas Code §6-61-301.
- State of Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission Certificate of Authorization
- Maryland Higher Education Commission Registration. For consumer complaints, contact:
Maryland Office of the Attorney GeneralOR
200 St. Paul St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
410-576-6300 / 888-743-0023 (toll free)
The Maryland Higher Education Commission
6 North Liberty St., 10th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
800-974-0203 (toll free)
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education: Western International University is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136a.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the Institution. Credits earned at the Institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission: Western International University is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. You can also access additional enrollment and completion data at the THEC website. Transferability of Credit: Credits earned at Western International University may not transfer to another educational institution. Credits earned at another educational institution may not be accepted by Western International University. You should obtain confirmation that Western International University will accept any credits you have earned at another educational institution before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement. You should also contact any educational institutions that you may want to transfer credits earned at Western International University to determine if such institutions will accept credits earned at Western International University prior to executing an enrollment contract or agreement. The ability to transfer credits from Western International University to another educational institution may be very limited. Your credits may not transfer and you may have to repeat courses previously taken at Western International University if you enroll in another educational institution. You should never assume that credits will transfer to or from any educational institution. It is highly recommended and you are advised to make certain that you know the transfer of credit policy of Western International University and of any other educational institutions to which you may in the future want to transfer the credits earned at Western International University before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement.
- State of Wisconsin Educational Approval Board Certification
- Wyoming Department of Education, Private School Registration