- Accounting (BS)
- Accounting (MBA)
- Accounting (MS)
- Behavioral Science (BA)
- Business (AA)
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- HR Management (BA)
- Human Dynamics (MA)
- Innovative Leadership (MA)
- Information Systems (MS)
- Information Technology (MBA)
- IT Management (BS)
- Management (BS)
- Management (MBA)
- Public Administration (MPA)
West Launches Career Guidance System
January, 2016 | West Now Home
This article originally appeared in the West Alumni Connection newsletter.
Western International University (West) is committed to assisting our students and alumni in all aspects of their careers, and—just in time to help you plan those New Year’s Resolutions—we’re excited to introduce your ALL-NEW, one-stop, online West Career Guidance System! You can start working with the new system right now, by logging in to west.edu/alumni and clicking the Career Tools link or your my.west.edu student account and clicking the Resources tab, then the West Career Resources link.
Whatever your career status—from job-seeker to career advancer—West Career Guidance System offers a complete source of detailed, step-by-step how-to information, to help you improve your ability to market yourself to employers and best showcase your relevant skills needed for today’s jobs. The easy-to-use 10 Career Milestones still include online resume builder and cover letter tools, with feedback from professional career coaches along the way—and we’ve added so much more!
You can now find step-by-step tips, tools, and videos from career experts and hiring managers to help you be more efficient and effective in your professional development strategy, including:
- Research careers and job data, and set your goals.
- Build your skills and your personal brand through your online presence.
- Network like a pro.
- Plan and execute your strategy.
- Search and apply for open positions.
- Customize your resume and cover letter for each position.
- Track and follow up on your applications.
- Prepare for the interview.
- Connect directly with professional career coaches along the way for review and feedback on your resumes, cover letters, and interview preparation.
In addition, the new Resume Builder tool makes creating and editing resumes even simpler.
- You can easily create and save multiple versions of your resume, using sample resumes found within the tool.
- You can import an existing resume to create and edit professional and targeted resumes more efficiently.
- A new Resume Notes section allows you to paste a job description within the tool for easy viewing, to create a targeted resume for a specific job opportunity.
- A new resume checklist helps you fine-tune before completing your resume, and then you can submit your resume for review by a professional career coach.
We are excited to bring you the all-new West Career Guidance System and look forward to supporting you on your career path. If you have any questions, our advisors can assist you—just call (866) 948-4636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the Search feature to browse our article content for key words on topics of interest to you.