Online Community Guidelines
Our online communities provide a convenient place where current students, prospective students, faculty, employees and alumni—whether they live around the corner or across the globe—can easily connect and discuss topics related to the pursuit of a college degree from Western International University® (West).
We want you to participate. We encourage lively discussion. Feel free to post constructive comments that do more than identify issues. We encourage posts that propose solutions to problems.
Keep in mind that we're all part of a shared community founded in trust and fairness. That’s why any community’s interaction hinges largely on its members’ agreement to follow common rules and guidelines.
FORUM TOPIC AND COMMENT GUIDELINES2>
Here is a summary of our online community guidelines:
- Profanity – Profanity is not permitted.
- Derogatory Comments – Derogatory comments of any kind toward individual students or groups are not permitted.
- Sexually Explicit Material – Posts or forum topics containing sexually explicit language, material, or links to sexually explicit material are not permitted.
- Copyrighted Material – Posts containing other’s copyrighted material are not permitted.
- Academic Dishonesty – Comments or forum topics referring to actions that are academically dishonest or unethical are not permitted.
- Non-Constructive Negative Statements about Western International University Faculty or Administrators – Comments or forum posts that make libelous statements or aggressively attack faculty or administrators, in general or by name, are not permitted.
- Commercial Posts and Solicitations – Posts containing commercial content or solicitations are not permitted. This extends to anyone seeking to drive traffic to their own, non-West affiliated websites and/or commercial or personal ventures.
- Grievances – We encourage any student who feels s/he is being treated unfairly to go through the proper student grievance process as set forth in the Western International University Catalog. Comments that are thoughtful and constructive are generally appropriate as long as they don’t include any material otherwise not allowed on the forum boards.