U.S. Military Experience

Your Military Experience and Training Advantage

As a Servicemember or even a Veteran, you likely have taken several Military training courses for which you may be able to earn credit toward your degree at Western International University® (West). Additionally, your Military experience may be such that you can gain college credit for the work you've done in serving our country.

West will apply up to 60 semester credits for non-classroom experience toward your bachelor program, including your experience in the U.S. Armed Forces. Your Military training and occupational experience is reviewed for transfer credit based on the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE) or Program on Non-Collegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI).

Requesting Credit for U.S. Military Experience

If you are a Veteran, you must provide copies of your DD Form 214.

If you are a current Servicemember, you must provide an original DD Form 295 completed within the past 12 months.

Your official Military Transcripts are required for consideration of Military experience, and you can order them from the following websites.

Please note: The link to secure web servers (https://) may not be accessible from all computers, so you can either type the URL address into your browser, or use a search engine to access secure sites.