National Tests for Credit
Students may be awarded undergraduate college credit for successful completion of exams under the following national programs. A maximum of 60 credits may be earned through any combination of credit by examination and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) toward a West bachelor degree. A maximum of 24 credits may be earned through any combination of credit by examination and PLA toward an associate degree. These credits do not apply as resident coursework.
NATIONAL EXAMINATION CREDIT EQUIVALENCY GUIDES
The guides linked below provide complete credit equivalencies for all national exams.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exams (formerly CEEB)
- Berlitz Foreign Language Testing
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST) (formerly USIF / DANTES)
- Excelsior College Exam (formerly ACT / PEP and RCE / PEP)
- International Baccalaureate (IBO)